Monday, February 16, 2009

No School - President's Day

There is no school in the morning, so I am up late working away.

I am sitting here filling out some craft show applications. I'm getting a late start this year. I was a little concerned about how the new lead law was going to go down, but I have another year for that now. My product contain no lead or phalates, or are under the limits, I just could not afford to test every little thing. Most of my products are rather small, and I do have alot of them so it would get crazy expensive.

I'm not doing in shows in February. It's just too late, and even though I am sure I could get into some shows for the last 2 weekends, I am just not ready. I have alot of stock made but I need to rework my display. I also need to make lots of new stock. Mostly what I have left is stuff left over from my shows in November and December. I listed alot of my left overs online as well, so I have less than that.

I have tons of new bottle cap images to make into things, plus I am waiting on a bunch of supplies. I also need to order some display items for my table. I want it to look professional, like a boutique, yet also show that my items are handmade and unique. I don't want to look too much like a retail store because I don't want to be labeled as a retailer, because I'm not.

I have to get busy. If I get in I will have 2 shows in March. One in Palentine, IL on March 14th and another in Brookfield, IL on March 28th. I'm currently looking for some indoor shows for April and May. So if you know of any, let me know ok?

I'm not sure if I want to sign up for any in the summer months just yet. I have the garage sale flea market thing with Seguin that I am supposed to do and she has not released the schedule.

0 comments: